YOUR IRA INVOLVES MANY CHOICES
We Can Help Guide You Through These Decisions
It is time to make decisions regarding your retirement savings if you are leaving a job, retiring, or changing employers. Your options include:
- Moving the money to a Rollover IRA
- Leaving it where it is
- Moving it to your new employer’s plan
- Taking it in cash
- Establishing a systematic distribution/required minimum distribution (RMD)
When you choose a Rollover IRA, you will have a wide variety of choices including:
- Choosing funds and investments
- Considering your need for guaranteed income
- Evaluating if a Roth IRA conversion makes sense for you
- Determining eligibility to maintain tax-deferred status no matter what type of employer plan your funds were held in
- Creating flexibility for your beneficiary(ies) and future generations
- Evaluating company stock distribution options. Depending on the original cost basis, sometimes it does not make sense to liquidate and rollover company stock.
- Service and advice now and in the future from Marmaras & Smith, LLC.
Everyone wants to plan for retirement. We can help owners and employees of small- and mid-sized firms undertake a comprehensive evaluation of available, Qualified Plans, including:
- Simple IRA/401(k)
- Roth IRA/401(k)
- Profit Sharing
- Money Purchase
- Defined Benefit
There are several excellent qualified retirement plan options available. Many small employers recognize the advantages offered by new “safe-harbor,” “comparability,” and “super comparability” 401(k) retirement plans. We can offer a detailed analysis of the different plan designs available to you.